34970A - Data Acquisition Unit, 1 Channels, 240 V, Keysight Switch Unit Series
Key Features & Specifications
- Up to 120 Channels
- 6 1/2-digit (22-bit) internal DMM
- Measures 11 functions without external signal conditioning
- 3-slot mainframe, offers up to 96 matrix crosspoints or 120 single-ended channels
- 50K readings of non-volatile memory holds data when power is removed
- Monitor display mode lets you keep an eye on tests in progress
- Scaling function for converting raw inputs into user-defined units
- HI/LO alarm limits on each input channel, plus 4 TTL alarm outputs
- Battery-backed real-time clock
- 8 switch and control plug-in modules
- Task-oriented, self-guiding menus
- BenchLink Data Logger software included
- Built-in GPIB and RS-232 interfaces
- View Data Logger Pro Software Videos
What can you expect from a data acquisition system that's affordable? Measurements you can trust.
Keysight took the measurement engine from their best-selling benchtop DMM and embedded it inside a 3-slot cardcage. You get the benefit of proven Agilent measurement performance, universal inputs with built-in signal conditioning, and modular flexibility, all in a low-cost, compact data acquisition package. The 34970A features 6-1/2 digits (22 bits) of resolution, 0.004% basic dcV accuracy, and ultra-low reading noise. Combine that with scan rates of up to 250 channels/sec, and you've got the speed and accuracy you need to get the job done right the first time.
Powerful flexibility to get your job done.
Whether you need to measure temperature, ac/dc volts, resistance, frequency or current -- the 34970A can handle it. The internal autoranging DMM directly measures 11 different functions, eliminating the need for expensive external signal conditioning. And our unique design allows complete per-channel configurability for maximum flexibility and quick, easy set up. It's like having an independent, high-performance DMM behind each channel.
Custom configurations that grow with you.
Three module slots and eight switch/control modules allow you to customize the 34970A to meet your unique requirements. Buy only what you need -- and add more modules later as your application grows.
Unequaled ease of use.
From the simplified configuration procedures, to the self-guiding front panel interface, we put in extra time and energy to save yours. Simple things -- like on-module screw-terminal connectors, built-in thermocouple reference junctions, well-organized user documentation full of examples and hints, and a standard "getting started" kit that will have you making measurements 15 minutes out of the box -- all add up to increased productivity, whether you use the instrument every day or only now and then.
Free software to save you time and money.
Now you don't have to spend your valuable time writing or configuring software. Keysight BenchLink Data Logger software gives you a familiar Windows interface for test configuration and real-time data display and analysis. Even better, this full-featured data logging application is included free with every standard 34970A.
Unequaled versatility for your data acquisition applications.
In the past, you had to make a choice. On the one hand, you could choose the simple operation and low cost of a data logger. On the other hand, you had the flexibility and higher performance of a modular data acquisition system. The 34970A Data Acquisition/Switch Unit gives you the best of both worlds: a simple user interface with low per-channel cost, modular flexibility and impressive measurement performance.
|34970A Data Acquisition/Switch Unit Modules|
|Model||Description||Speed (Ch/Sec)||Max Voltage||Max Current||Comments|
|34901A||20-ch. multiplexer (2/4-wire)||60||300 V||1 A||2 current channels (22 ch. total); built-in cold junction reference; connects to internal DMM|
|34902A||16-ch. multiplexer (2/4-wire)||250||300 V||50 mA||Built-in cold junction reference; reed relays multiplex inputs to internal DMM|
|34903A||20-ch. actuator/GP switch||120||300 V||1 A||Form C (SPDT) switches; no connection to internal DMM
|34904A||4x8 matrix||120||300 V||1 A||2-wire, full crosspoint; no connection to internal DMM|
|34905A||2-GHz dual 1:4 RF mux, 50 ohm||60||42 V||0.7 A||1-GHz through provided BNC-to-SMB adapter cables; no connection to internal DMM|
|34906A||2-GHz dual 1:4 RF mux, 75 ohm||60||42 V||0.7 A||1-GHz through provided BNC-to-SMB adapter cables; no connection to internal DMM|
|34907A||Two 8-bit digital I/O ports
26-bit, 100-kHz event counter
Two 16-bit analog outputs
Gated, selectable input theshold
Earth referenced, calibrated; no connection to internal DMM
|34908A||40-ch. single-ended multiplexer||60||300 V||1 A||Common low, no 4-wire meas. Built-in cold junction reference; connects to internal DMM
NOTE: Counterfeit products have been found in the market. To ensure you are purchasing a Keysight product with the quality and performance you expect, purchase through Keysight authorized distribution partners only. Tekmark is a Keysight authorized distribution partner.
- Technical Overview (4.9M)
- Product Fact Sheet (757K)
- Benchlink Data Logger 3 Software (pdf, 166K)
- 34830A Benchlink Datalogger Pro Software (pdf, 325K)
- Identify, Characterize Thermal Measurement Points - Application Brief (684K)
- Multi-Channel Audio Testing Using U8903A - Application Note (718K)
- Action Scripts and Data Logging Events - Application Note (pdf, 420K)
- Data Logging w/Multiple Scan Lists (pdf, 498K)
- Data Logging w/Advanced Limit Testing - Application Note (pdf, 463K)
- Selecting Temperature Sensors - Application Note (pdf, 346K)
- Making Fast Scans of Multiple-Sensor Systems - Application Note (pdf, 417K)
- Tips for Making Good Thermocouple Measurements in Noisy Environments (306K)
- Selecting Modern Sensors for DAQ (pdf, 917K)
- Designing Automated Tests with DAQ - Application Brief (362K)