What the energy certificate says


An energy certificate consists of five pages. The first page contains general information about the property (including address, year of construction, building type, number of flats, floor space, heating technology). The second page is used only for demand certificates, the third only for consumption certificates. The primary and final energy demand or energy consumption of the building (in kilowatt hours per square metre of floor space) are entered on a colour scale. A second scale allows a rough comparison of the building's energy efficiency with certain building classes. Energy performance certificates for non-residential buildings also contain information on the amounts of energy required for lighting, ventilation and cooling. Optionally, the energy advisor enters recommendations for improving energy efficiency on page four. Page five contains explanations of important technical terms related to the energy certificate.

Energy certificates are not always designed in the same way

Since energy certificates are valid for ten years and the design of the certificates has already been modified several times in the past, you as a buyer or tenant may still be presented with energy certificates in a slightly different form. You can try CFDs on energy company shares with Exness as well. However, the basic information does not differ from that in more recent energy certificates.


The issuing of an energy pass

If you need an energy certificate, you should first obtain quotations from various companies in order to compare prices and services. Only members of certain professions (especially those with construction-related activities) are entitled to issue energy certificates, such as:

  •     Persons with a degree in architecture, interior design, civil engineering, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
  •     members of the building trade with a master craftsman's title
  •     Master chimney sweep
  •     State-recognised technicians with building-related training (e.g. ventilation and air-conditioning technicians and heating engineers).

You should discuss with your chosen energy certificate issuer whether an energy requirements certificate or an energy consumption certificate is suitable for you. The more expensive but more informative energy performance certificate is generally recommended.

A reputable provider will then visit your property to record the necessary data and, for example, to view the building plans. Using special software, the provider then creates your energy certificate. The completed energy certificate can be handed over in a personal meeting or sent by post.

Providers often only need a few days to issue an energy consumption certificate. The issuing of an energy performance certificate takes more time (depending on the provider): In the case of complex building situations and a majority of energy efficiency recommendations, the issuing may well take several weeks.

Scroll Up